COLUMBIA, S.C. – Charter NEX Films is locating new specialty film manufacturing operations in Richland County. The project is expected to bring $85 million of capital investment and lead to the creation of more than 110 new jobs.
Charter NEX Films is one of North America’s leading independent producers of high-performance specialty films used in flexible packaging and other critical performance applications. With both blown and cast film capabilities, the company’s products are utilized for a variety of applications, including food, medical and protective purposes.
Located in the Carolina Pines Industrial Park on Farrow Road in Blythewood, S.C., the company will be constructing a new 140,000-square-foot facility. Hiring for the new positions is projected to begin in the second quarter of 2018, and interested applicants should visit the company’s careers page for more information.
The Coordinating Council for Economic Development has approved job development credits related to this project.
“The 110 jobs that this investment will create for South Carolinians clearly show Charter NEX’s commitment to our state and our people. We are grateful that this great company has decided to choose South Carolina for its new location, and we look forward to the future prosperity that we know will come from this partnership.” –Gov. Henry McMaster
“With today’s announcement, Charter NEX Films joins a roster of globally-renowned companies that have decided South Carolina is ‘Just right’ for business. I offer my congratulations to Charter NEX Films and look forward to supporting them as their Richland County operations come online.” –Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt
“We’re extremely excited about Charter NEX’s new location in Richland County. Their commitment to our community and the creation of these quality new jobs are further evidence of the benefits we see when we invest in our future.” –Richland County Council Chair Joyce Dickerson
FIVE FAST FACTS
• Charter NEX Films is locating new manufacturing operations in Richland County.
• $85 million investment to create more than 110 new jobs.
• Charter NEX Films is North America’s leading independent producer of high-performance specialty films used in flexible packaging.
• The company’s 140,000-square-foot facility will be located in the Carolina Pines Industrial Park on Farrow Road in Blythewood, S.C.
• Hiring for the new positions is projected to begin in the second quarter of 2018, and interested applicants should visit the company’s careers page.